A curated list of awesome Arch-related projects,softwares and resources.
Arch Linux Arch Linux is an independently developed, x86-64 general-purpose GNU/Linux distribution that strives to provide the latest stable versions of most software by following a rolling-release model. The default installation is a minimal base system, configured by the user to only add what is purposely required.
- Arch-based projects
- Arch-based distros
- Systemd-free Arch-based distros
- Arch Linux Installers
- Other projects
- Arch Linux 32 - The community maintained continuation of 32-bit support for Arch Linux.
- Arch Linux ARM - A distribution of Linux for ARM computers.
- PacBSD - A lightweight and flexible BSD distribution that provides a base system for use of Pacman package manager.
- Arch Hurd - A derivative work of Arch Linux porting it to the GNU Hurd system with packages optimised for the i686 architecture.
- ArchWSL - ArchLinux as a WSL Instance.
- Manjaro - A professionally made Linux based operating system that is a suitable replacement for Windows or macOS.
- ArcoLinux - A full-featured distribution.
- ArchBang Linux - A lightweight distribution based on Arch Linux.
- Archman - An Arch Linux-based distribution which features the Calamares system installer and a pre-configured desktop environment.
- Bluestar Linux - A GNU/Linux distribution that is based on Arch Linux.
- EndeavourOS - A rolling release Linux distribution based on Arch Linux.
- ArchLabs Linux - A distribution based on Arch Linux and featuring the Openbox window manager as the primary desktop interface.
- Chakra GNU/Linux - A user-friendly and powerful distribution and live CD originally forked from Arch Linux.
- Namib GNU/Linux - A desktop operating system based on (and compatible with) the Arch Linux distribution.
- ArchEX - A new (190612) Linux live DVD based on Arch Linux. Arch motto is KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid.
- Arch XFerience - A modern OS based on Arch Linux, built for day-to-day operations with tons of packages & features.
- Ctlos Linux - Arch Linux based distro.
- MagpieOS - Get a fresh experience of Arch.
- Netrunner Rolling - Manjaro/Arch Linux based distro.
- PuppyRus-A - Lightweight, portable and flexible Linux based on Arch, Puppy, Porteus.
- TeLiSc OS - A simple GNU/Linux distribution based on Arch Linux which provides you a stable Arch Linux with i3 window manager.
- BlackArch Linux - (Security/Forensics) - An Arch Linux-based distribution designed for penetration testers and security researchers.
- ArchStrike - (Security) - A distribution for security professionals and researchers based on Arch Linux.
- SystemRescueCd - (Data Rescue) - An Arch-based Linux system on a bootable CD-ROM or USB drive, designed for repairing a system and data after a crash.
- MorpheusArch Linux - (Data Rescue) - A distribution based on Arch Linux.
- LinHES - (MythTV) - An attempt to make the installation of GNU/Linux and MythTV as trivial as possible.
- UBOS - (Server) - A Linux distribution designed to greatly reduce the amount of time required to set up and maintain common network services.
- TalkingArch - (Assistive) - A re-spin of the Arch Linux live ISO image, modified to include speech and Braille output for blind and visually-impaired users.
- Archphile - (Raspberry Pi/ARM/Audio) - Yet another linux audio distribution for embedded boards.
- BBQLinux - (Android Developers) - A user-friendly Linux distribution made for Android developers. It has everything on board to build AOSP or AOSP-based distributions like LineageOS or OmniROM.
- RaspArch - (Raspberry Pi/ARM) - A “remaster” of Arch Linux ARM.
- Pacman - The pacman package manager is one of the major distinguishing features of Arch Linux.
- Cargo - A Rust package manager.
- Snapcraft - Snapcraft - Snaps installer
- Flatpak - Flatpak is a next-generation technology for building and distributing desktop applications on Linux.
Pacman Wrappers && AUR helpers
- Aura - A secure package manager for Arch Linux and the AUR
- Pacaur - An AUR helper that minimizes user interaction
- Pakku - Pacman wrapper with AUR support
- Yay - Yet another yogurt. Pacman wrapper and AUR helper written in go.
Systemd-free Arch-based distros
- Obarun - An Arch Linux based distribution featuring the S6 init software in place of systemd.
- Artix Linux - A fork (or continuation as an autonomous project) of the Arch-OpenRC and Manjaro-OpenRC projects.
- Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre - A community driven effort to provide a fully free (as in freedom) operating system that is stable, secure, simple, lightweight that tries to Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) with Long Term Support (LTS).
- Parabola GNU/Linux-libre - An unofficial “libre” variant of Arch Linux.
- Alfheim Linux - Systemd free Arch based Linux.
Arch Linux Installers
- Anarchy Linux - A simple and intuitive Arch Linux installer.
- ArchFI - Arch Linux Fast Installer
- ArchDI - Arch Linux Desktop Installer
- Arch0I - Arch-Based Distros Applications Automatic Installation Script
- aui - Archlinux Ultimate Install
- r/archlinux - Arch Linux on Reddit
- archforums - Arch Linux Forums
- Archlirc - Arch Linux Fast IRC Channels
- ArchFr - Arch Linux French forums
- ArchBr - Arch Linux Brazilian forums